Day 1 - Pride. Seven great things about yourself.
Day 2 - Envy. Seven things you lack and covet.
Day 3 - Wrath. Seven things that piss you off.
Day 4 - Sloth. Seven things you neglect to do.
Day 5 - Greed. Seven worldly material desires.
Day 6 - Gluttony. Seven guilty pleasures.
Day 7 - Lust. Seven sex secrets.
1.Work Ethic. I'm a hard worker and take pride in my work. Most places I work I quickly work my way up to a position where I want to stick. I leaned early the higher you go the more politics and BS you have to deal with so I normally just find some middle ground. With my current job I started as a contractor less than a year ago, I was hired as soon as my contract was up and have received two "Level Ups" since then. On Friday my boss told me he was putting me in for a manager title. I wouldn't normally thing of myself as being someone who would like being a manager but this position which I'm already doing with out the title is more of a herding position. I just tell everyone what direction to go in and make sure they have what they need to get there.
2. Adaptability. If given the chance and motivation I can do pretty much anything and normally better than I would have expected. I don't cook often and if it's for myself, I normally boil up some ramen or other simple just add hot water food. However there have been times when cooking some holiday meal was left up to me and I nailed it. One St. Patricks Day when I was unemployed and Tom was out of town the gang wanted to party at my place, I offered to cook tacos much to the horror of my friend michelle who would accept no less than an Irish Corned Beef and Cabbage banquet. I got on line read lots of recipes, talked with women in the supper market and mixed them all together to make a truly delicious meal. I shocked everyone especially myself.
3. Relationships work if you try. Tom and I have been together for over eleven years. That's a feat for anyone, let alone homos that live in a gay mecca. It was not always easy but the rewards and highs have been more plentiful than the lows. I don't like to give up on things I've put work into and anyone who thinks relationships are not work are doomed to be let down and lonely. And let me just say the silent treatment is by far one of the best tools in the relationship utility belt. When you find yourself so mad you want to say something hurtful, realize you are now too mad to talk. Shut up and wait till you can express yourself better. It will allow your partner to be a bette listener. Tom always knows when I stop talking he is soon going to apologize… Which is why he normally says, "This time I'm not apologizing" and less than a hour later apologizes.
4. Friendships. Mistakes I've made a few… But over all I think I choose some really wonderful people to call friends. I think I tend to choose people who have a quality inside that outshines the popularity or beauty of others. People who I call my friends care about me, they care about people even if they pretend they are plotting to kill and enslave the world (MRP- I'm talking about you). While I like most people For me to choose you as a friend normally says something about your character. But like I said at the beginning, Mistakes, I've made a few. I was seduced by something I covet. (more on that next time)
5. Stubbornness. Once I've decided something it's almost impossible to sway me. Peer pressure only hardens my resolve. You must make me see an error of logic in order to change my mind. Some people think stubbornness is a bad thing but I quite like my stubbornness it's kept me out of lots of trouble and it's also allowed me to stay true to myself. I rarely have regrets over something I've done unless it was a slip of a tongue or footing.
6. Musical taste. Of course this is just my opinion and I'm sure this is like that statistic that 90% of people think they are above average drivers. But I have a vast familiarity of tons of musical genre. I have a varied mix of music that I enjoy and I can listen to someone tell me a few of their favorite artists and suggest them something new thew would love. I really make some amazing mixes and if it was a different time or I had different inclinations I would have been an amazing radio or club DJ.
7. I'm not sure what to call this. But taking people for who they are or what they intend. Tom get so mad at drivers on the road because he thinks they should be as good of a diver as he is, but most people are bad drivers who think they are good drivers. That's fine not everyone can be a great driver. In the same way some people are smarter or more talented than others and that's also fine. You should enjoy people for who they are not comparing them to their prettier, smarter more talented sister. One of the guys I manage is amazing. He is awesome and most people miss it because he is so goofy and sometimes slow. I have to teach him things many times before he gets it but once he does it like I programed a computer. He brings smiles to peoples faces with his 8 year old in a 40 year old's body behavior. Some people get him while others do not and I think it's so sad because he really is one of the most amazing people I've ever met.